Welcome to Dill Mill Gayye Season 2 Blog | No. 1 Blog in Fastest Updating Dill Mill Gayye News, Audios, Videos, Photos etc. | Connect with friends, share your views | Here Entertainment Never Ends !
All the DMG Fans can send e-mails your poems, articles or any kind of pics written/edited by you for any DMG cast members. Your poems, articles and pics will be published on this blog with due credit to you, every Saturday. You can send your poems, articles, pics and even your feedback to the following e-mail address: activeRK@gmail.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interview with Karan Singh Grover (Dr. Armaan Mallik)

Karan Singh made his debut in a Balaji serial on MTV, titled "Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi". Then he was seen in "Solah Sringaar". But now, a fleshy role in a new youth-oriented show, "Dill Mill Gayye," has him all charged up. The actor tells us about the new show, his step into films and the future of Indian television.
What is your "Dill Mill Gayye" all about?
It's about five medical interns who are doing their internship in one of the best hospitals named Sanjevani. The serial follows their transformation from medical interns to practicing doctors.

What is your character in the serial?
I am playing the role of one of the interns, Armaan Mallik. And how he is, you will all come to know soon. All I can say is he's a wonderful character.

We have heard that it's a youth-oriented story...
Yes, very much so. But instead of having a bunch of college-going students we have five medical interns. I am sure that the youth will be interested in watching such a show. It has fun, intensity, seriousness that the study of medicine requires, plus the story of the GeNext.

You were playing a character in "Solah Sringaar", but now it's off air. Any reasons?
Actually, I was not able to devote time there because "Dill Mill Gayye" was in progress. In "Solah Sringaar", my character is currently in London (laughs).

Your debut was with Balaji. How was your experience of working with them?
Oh, it was just fantastic. I was lucky to have debuted under such a banner. They are extremely professional. I learned a lot there.

So are you willing to work with them in the future?
I will be glad if I get a chance to work with them again.

Out of all the characters you have played so far, which one is your favourite?
It has to be my character in "Dill Mill Gayye", the character of Armaan. The reason being the character is very much like me.

New shows are going on air every other day. Do you think that in this highly-competitive market your show will be able to sustain itself?
We are hoping for the best, the rest depends on the taste of the audience. It's a fun-filled show, with a different look and feel to it. This show will definitely attract the young crowd and they are our target audience.

Are you planning to switch to films?
Not exactly, I won't call it switching. I am part of two films which will be released soon. One is "Bhram" and the other is Subhash Sukla's "I am 24". I don't think at this point of time I will be shifting completely to films. That will depend largely upon the offers that I get.

Many actors are opening up their own production houses, do you wish to do the same?
Haven't thought about it as yet.

According to you, want kind of show will rule the market in the future --- family dramas or reality shows?
I think the audience is bored of family dramas that have dragged on for years now. I think reality shows will be the next happening things on television.

No comments: