Welcome to Dill Mill Gayye Season 2 Blog | No. 1 Blog in Fastest Updating Dill Mill Gayye News, Audios, Videos, Photos etc. | Connect with friends, share your views | Here Entertainment Never Ends !
All the DMG Fans can send e-mails your poems, articles or any kind of pics written/edited by you for any DMG cast members. Your poems, articles and pics will be published on this blog with due credit to you, every Saturday. You can send your poems, articles, pics and even your feedback to the following e-mail address: activeRK@gmail.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Health is Welth: Amit Tandon

Amit Tandon aka Dr. Abhimanyu Modi of Dill Mill Gayye speaks of the many perks of staying healthy…

Do you follow any fitness regime?
Yes, in fact it's not a regimen but my lifestyle.

How much time do you spend in a day for workout?
Around two hours, but if I have heavy shooting then I make sure I workout at least for about half an hour. I do about 25-30 minutes of cardio, an hour of weight training and half hour of martial arts. On days when I'm pressed for time, I go for circuit training, which is doing a little bit of everything.


Apart from this have you taken up any sport or habit that helps you maintain your body?
I used to play basketball back when I was in New York. But now I just do martial arts.

According to you, how important is it to follow a fitness regime?
For me, it's very very important. Gym is an addiction to me. If I miss my workout any day I feel something's amiss. Working out keeps me boosted the whole day.

What's your usual diet?
I start with eggs and oats in the morning. After my gym session I have my protein shake. Then the rest of the day I have brown rice, chicken, dal, parathas and sabzi. I try to eat at small intervals.

Do you look upon calories when it comes to eating?
No, I just see to it that I don't cross my limit. But yes when I do indulge myself, I do an extra shift in the gym.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated towards your workout schedule?
The intense competition in the entertainment industry.

Do you equate fitness with the shape of the body?
On a certain scale, yes. I mean if you're obviously overweight, then it's pretty much clear to everybody who can see you, that you're not fit.

How were you in your teen years and now?
I was very skinny in my teens. But at sixteen, I started getting self-conscious, thanks to the many Black, White and Latin guys in my neighborhood and started working out.

Do you have a dietitian or an instructor to maintain your fitness?
No, my early training has helped me gain a lot of knowledge over the years. So I really don't require one.

Suggest some fun ways for working out.
Fun ways? Hmm… you can make your gym session fun by taking your i-pod along with you. And by pairing with a competing friend for martial arts. See, when you set goals and start to meet them, that's when the real fun actually begins!

Anyone that you idolize when it comes to good physique?
Akshay Kumar from Bollywood and Ronit Roy from television.
Courtesy: I-F

1 comment:

Aqueel said...

COOOOOL INTERVIEW....
WELL SAID "HEALTH IS WEALTH"